Professional Development is a topic of conversation worth having…
A great way to support the development of Orff Schulwerk in your school would be to start a dialogue with the music specialist and the building administrator.
- Is the music teacher interested in memberships in Central Florida Orff Chapter and AOSA ?
- Is there funding available to pay for membership dues that the school, parent/teacher organization, or a sponsorship could provide?
- Are there dollars dedicated to professional development that could be invested in the music specialist’s attendance at National Conference in November of each year.
- Is there an accessible source of funding available for attendance at Teacher Education Courses offered in the summer?
- Is the school able to offer the music specialist temporary duty hours or “comp time” to compensate them for the personal time they invest in workshop training?
- When the expenses seem prohibitive, consider the per student expenditure. Every child in the building benefits from a quality music education.